Greetings...

Well it's been a while since the last boat project, I've apparently forgotten about the nightmares (well actually I'm still having them) with the previous restorations (insert links here). This project has no old parts, no rough sewn wood, no motors and NO PARTNERS. Nope this time around it's a kit, precut parts, instructions and tutalege from the folks at CLC Boats.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Temporary deck molds.

Now that her hull has been glassed its time to flip her over again and begin to build the deck from 3/4 inch cedar strips. This makes the kayak a 'hybrid' type, meaning the deck is strip built and the hull is stitch, glue and plywood. We begin by creating molds every so often so that the strips have somewhere to be temporarily tacked in place. I had a difficult time creating the molds and getting them to fit properly, so initially I inquired about purchasing them from CLC, they obliged, but the budget could not afford them. So I took some fiberboard that was laying around and created some molds that I hope will do the job.

No comments: